Monday, September 10, 2007

The commencement of genesis...

I think its my responsibility to share the best part of my life with anyone and everyone who would like to live even a small part of what we have lead.
The story begins on the 24th July 2005, when I entered this prodigious city called 'Varanasi'. I was unaware of the fact, that, for what I was cursing God, will prove to be the best part of my life. For this paradoxical city, juxtaposition comes naturally. When I first time caught the glimpse of the Cantt. station, I thought that the next four years will be a nightmare for me. Among the mob we saw some students holding the banner of IT BHU. For others this could have been a sign of relief, but for me this was another precalculated crucifixion!! My friend Shikhar was studying here and was going to be my senior. He had already told me the possible threats which I was going to face as a fresher. My first conversation with my seniors alone turned out to be my first ragging.. This added a little more to my trepidation. Finally the small looking conversation ended and I left for the BHU. Something more horrible was waiting for me outside, which I had never imagined-The crowded roads or the gullies of Benaras! This finally worked as the last nail in my coffin of terror. I was again and again thinking how am i going to spend the best part of my life at such a terrible place. The journey seemed to be unending with the auto moving like a caterpillar on the main roads of Benaras. Finally the gateway to heaven arrived and what I saw was unbelievable, the contrast between the inside and outside of the gate was just like having hell on one side and heaven on the other..The greenery suddenly took away all my anxieties and me and my parents were wondering that I was going to be a part of this scenic place.
Then i arrived to my hostel, The Limbdi, where I was going to spend my 2 golden years..I was alloted room no. 87. My roomie arrived late at night the next day. Before that I had had many personal meetings with my seniors and now I became used to of it.
What I want to describe actually starts now..
I had already met my new friends including Tarun, my room partner,Somesh and Vivek, the residents of room no 92, Prateek and Ghanshyam, residents of room no. 79, Ramesh, Pravesh and Nikhil. We started spending our evenings at the centre, discussing about the rumours floating in the air. I think this diluted the fear which was common to all of us. Initially there were many people sitting with us, but, as birds of same feathers flock together, there was regrouping among the students and we had some new members including Pranay, Tanmay and later on Nikhaar. This was the first good thing which was destined for us, I think!

No comments: